Saturday, April 3, 2010

Watching Him work...

This morning, I rolled out of bed, walked a couple of blocks from my apartment, and got on a bus headed to the French Quarter where I ran the Crescent City Classic with about 20,000 other people. It was fun, though a little too crowded for me, but the run itself was gorgeous, and I loved getting to see the city from a different perspective.

Tomorrow morning is Easter Sunday. All Easters are special, but this one I think in a different way just because I'm going to get to witness a fulfillment of an answered prayer. One of my Chinese friends is going to be baptized in the morning. I met her almost two years ago when she showed up at our conversational English night at Tulane. When she first came, she knew almost nothing about God, but she so much wanted to know about him. She began studying with me in a Bible Study that I lead each week for international women, and each week she heard the gospel. After almost two years of praying, teaching, and waiting for God to reap the harvest, last week, my roommate had the opportunity to pray with her, and she joined the family.

How sweet it is that God is at work and that He will bring about what He has planned. Our abilities or lack of ability cannot help or hinder what He will do because... it's just who He is. He makes things happen when we think it's impossible. He works, and sometimes, when I least expect it or deserve it, I get to be a part of it.

No comments: