Monday, May 3, 2010

The greatest compliment

The other day, I received a really nice compliment when one of the people that I recently met in the park told me that he has a better day when he sees me. That really struck me, and got me to thinking. I know that I have friends that I can run into or talk to after years, and it's like we never left off. My life is better because they were a part of it. I am who I am because they were a part of it.

On the grand scale, I hope that when I get to the end of my life, there will be people who can say the same thing about me. That people will be able to say "My life has been better because you were in it." Or "My life has a foundation in Jesus Christ because you showed me the way." Isn't that our purpose in this world? To spread the glory of God wherever we can and to demonstrate our enjoyment and pass it on to others. I hope to be able to do this on a grand scale. But, also, I hope to be able to do it in the day by day. That I would be able to pass on a smile, a word of encouragement, a prayer, anything that makes someone else have a better day, and consequently directs them on to the love of Jesus. What can I do, and what can I say...?

No comments: