Monday, September 6, 2010

Transitional Times

This weekend my friend and I traveled through four states to get to a wedding for my former roommate Cristina and her now husband Bryce. It was a beautiful wedding; the best parts were seeing Bryce's face as Cristina came down the aisle and also hearing them choke their way through their vows. All in all, it was a wedding filled with glory at just how amazing and divinely orchestrated life is. Their lives have been a testimony to me in the past two years, and it's been so beautiful to get to be a witness of the journey that God has brought them through.  For the two of them, it hasn't been an easy road. It's been a long time in coming and a long journey for them both, and even still, they have a long way to go, but we serve an ever faithful God who cares deeply about us through all our journeys in life.

Life is hard sometimes. So often, especially these days, I feel my weaknesses invade, and my heart gets down. Even in the midst of sadness, something happens each day when God reminds me of His love and His care. The writer of Lamentations really seemed to get it when he says "Your mercies are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness." Mornings have been a difficult time for me lately, and I'm not sure why exactly. I wake up with a heavy heart each morning, and I have to re-align myself with a fresh understanding of who God is and that my life is hidden in Him.

And every morning, this is my hope: "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in him.' The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." Lamentations 3:22-26.

No comments: